0 oppression-containing universes and 1 ocean of meme soup, plzthnx.

Ah, there you are. About time. Now, your job is to leave comments (but if you know me I shan't brutally force you, that's just AWKWARD), to report broken links, to keep the matches hidden and to swab.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Gawdäämn rubbertreehugger

Monday, October 29, 2007

I spent a day in the forest with a boy. We just couldn't say no & we went too far!

That day was Thursday. And Tuesday-Wednesday I was out there with 2 blokes!

Erm. My classmates. Our assignment was to try and find key habitats, meaning nice shit, based on the presence of certain structures and species that indicate more hard-to-find, hard-to-ID, threatened species. And at times I felt as if we weren't picky enough in our key habitat-choosing. And sometimes it felt as if we skipped areas because we wanted to get outta there. :p (Now it'll feel like our fault when the habitats are mangled.) Oh, and we sucked at species knowledge. There were also times when we wandered off the map, because the map sucked AND was 12 years old.

Weather luck: Good. Every daaaaaaaaayyyyy was exactly the saaaaaaaaaaaaame. Cold mornings, warm later, sunny, still. From the bus out to the forest one could already see golden fog between the hills and thick mist serenely covering the many lakes or rising from the heather. And once in the woods we ran into the remnants of a slaughtered elk, the stomach and intestines (along with a tuft of hair and some blood). It looked like a gargantuan haggis baking in the sun. A few punctures.

*blob* *blubb blubb*

AND I HADN'T BROUGHT MY FUCKING CAMERA! After that it was 3 days before I had the chance to go back and get a shot for my corpse photo album. The elk haggis still looked kinda, ah, good. In a visual sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog CounterBosch