0 oppression-containing universes and 1 ocean of meme soup, plzthnx.

Ah, there you are. About time. Now, your job is to leave comments (but if you know me I shan't brutally force you, that's just AWKWARD), to report broken links, to keep the matches hidden and to swab.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Gawdäämn rubbertreehugger

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Post-Deathly Hallows numbness

WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS SPOILERS AHEAD - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING

*
**
****
********
****************
********************************
****************
********
****
**
*

Entwined with the 607 heroin-powdered pages of the LAST HARRY POTTER BOOK EVER, I was rolling and bouncing down a rocky slope towards the great swamp of eternity most of the time between 1am on July 21 and 1pm on July 23. :D

Ahhh, deliciously bitter-sweet. A FEW comments:

~Well, I always said I would rather want Severus dead and good than alive and bad... Obviously, alive, good and happy, with a chance to explain himself to Harry in person, would have been nothing to whine about, but JKR put him out of his misery. :'( At least I was not SURPRISED. However, I had sort of expected him to take a bullet Killing Curse for Harry, making the kid feel a little ashamed in the process. And now... If only Voldy had not misunderstood things, Severus and Harry might have had clinked their Butterbeers together the same night to calm their nerves... XC (Hmm, that sounded pervy...) At least he did much else.

~Dead Lupin. Very quick, and my relief over Snape made up for some of it... I only fear for my Thewlisian's mental well-being once SHE is done reading. Pretty though she is, her reaction shan't be. :O At least fate saved the happy, shiny part of Remus's life for last, and Dora went with him and Teddy was too young to know... :/

~Aye... The Lily/Severus shippers spoke true! :O I had read their arguments, which made sense - I suppose the idea was merely too cool to hope for in canon. And it was not only a crush from Sev... BEST FRIENDS. *SNIFF* Had there been no Sorting... Had Sev been in Gryffindor and not in the BAD COMPANY... Had he not gone all pseudo-racist on Lily... Had Lily forgiven the remorseful and well-meaning Sev... Poor Severus! "Always." *jumps out the headmaster's friggin office window* He took no Killing Curse, but risked all for many years just for Harry...s mum.

~When Petunia mentioned "that awful boy" in Order (page 34, UK edition) she meant SEVERUS, not James! It would have been SO funny if Harry had somehow realised this at the time. XD And also a major spoiler, soooooo.

~If the moviemakers do not stop and wallow in The Prince's tale I will... I will... crush my popcorn box like... like a popcorn box in my ragingly trembling fist.
I don't care for popcorn.

~With Severus satisfyingly good and tragically deceased, I decided to finish the book in a cosy forest. It was raining, so I sat under The Ewan Umbrella, on a rock by a wee waterfall. (Shivering, not necessarily because of cold, so HAHA!)

JKR: "As I was saying, Harry was fed up with adventure so he married Ginny and they produced some offspring named James, Albus and Lily. DUH."
RATEXLA: "Naturally, but damn, didn't ANYONE name their kid after Severus? Oh well, maybe as a middle name... I'll just pretend that they did."
BOOK: *draws its final breaths*
HARRY: "Albus Severus..."
RATEXLA: *SODASPRAY*
HARRY: "...you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."
RATEXLA: "BAWL!"

TRELAWNEY -91: *stumbles into great hall* "Zup? Did you know, I was just zapping through my crystal ball and guess what I found out? 15 years from now, Potter will name his kid after you, Sev. Bye."
SEVERUS: *TEASPRAY*
HARRY: "Ewww... and... EWWWWW!"

~Only after Harry takes the last train will Severus know that he forgave and honoured him.

~When Severus first said "Look... at... me" I assumed he wanted to convey the information to Harry via eye-contact... After all, he couldn't be certain Harry would make it to the Pensieve. When I went back for a second read about his death and tale, even I got that he wanted to... look into LILY'S EYES FOR THE FINAL TIME... X'C

~Is it just me, or was Albus Severus Potter totally the most SPEEEEEEEEEECIAL kid in Potter-the-next-generation? SPIN-OFF MATERIAL. James II was just rowdy James I. Lily was cool like Ginny, but Albus Severus alone resembled Harry... looks-wise AT LEAST... and it was hinted that he was SERIOUS. Sniff! Severus would have liked that the one with Lily's eyes was named after him. :')

And here are me old comments on Prince, including my favourite Snape Is Good arguments. :)

****************************

This morning, near the close of my paper round, I saw a doe. :) (Hell, not of the same species as THAT doe, but.) *wants silver pendant*

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The_Potions_Mistress said...

Your post kinda sums up what I experienced while reading the book... Some parts I really felt like "I knew it!!" Others were truly surprising.

But in general: rather a dead good Severus than a alive evil Snape.
Still: *sniffs*

12 August 2007 at 15:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog CounterBosch