0 oppression-containing universes and 1 ocean of meme soup, plzthnx.

Ah, there you are. About time. Now, your job is to leave comments (but if you know me I shan't brutally force you, that's just AWKWARD), to report broken links, to keep the matches hidden and to swab.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Gawdäämn rubbertreehugger

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Harry Potter & summer jobs

There is finally time to read proper books without feeling the homework's hot breath down my neck. So I recently licked up Order of the Phoenix, to freshen it up before the movie, and to get into the story before I reread Half-blood Prince, so that I can be in the right mood when Deathly Hallows arrives... :D And -
a) I kind of wish they wouldn't release movie 5 and book 7 so close together. Joy, like sunflower spread, is at least as good when... well, spread out. :p
b) Order is not my fave HP book, but now I can't wait for the feckin film. Feck. Bits I look forward to the most:
-Snape
-Puppy-Snape
-Lucius
-Lupin
-Thestrals :D
-Umbridge
-The trio
-Luna
-The kiss

*sleeps till then*

~*~

I still have no summer job. LOSER!!! Interviews done:
-Er, restaurant. ("We'll keep your application.")
-Another, er, restaurant of the same chain. ("I just wanted to make it clear that you did not get selected.")
-Big grocery shop ("I haven't got a job for you at the moment but I'd like to keep your application.")
-Wee grocery shop ("We found so many ex-employees. Yes, some other time, maybe.")
-Book shop *whimper* ("We chose this guy... But then there is autumn and Xmas, I'm saving your application here.")
-Universeum (Great flashy attractive science centre with whose chief of staff my dad is acquainted - I want any job there but this was about a guide job! The mere interview invitation feels flashy. :) *frames printed e-mail* "I don't believe you would complete the group at this time, but you are welcome to try again." I now have license to nag at them 2008-2047.)

Interviews spoken of but yet to be conducted/booked:
-Paper girl!
-Standing around town, handing out free morning papers (Sounds cosy enough, but too easy to be flashy)

If I don't get a proper job, the alternatives are:
-I hope I can do some voluntary work 120 km up north, except I'm not sure there would be anywhere affordable to stay. But it's possible. And flashy.
-Sell CD's crammed with photos from equestrian events. I might earn like 20 SEK.
-Intensify my shooting of showjumpers and the advertising about it.
-Dog-walking.
-[CENSORED] (Nuthin criminal.)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

11 November 2008 at 22:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog CounterBosch