0 oppression-containing universes and 1 ocean of meme soup, plzthnx.

Ah, there you are. About time. Now, your job is to leave comments (but if you know me I shan't brutally force you, that's just AWKWARD), to report broken links, to keep the matches hidden and to swab.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Gawdäämn rubbertreehugger

Monday, February 26, 2007

The laaaaa' and the Oscars!

The environmental law course kinda sucked. I wasn't Aspie enough to remember the whole law book, like. Didn't have to, but it still would have helped to know all the things one could look for in any given case. :p Whatever, I passed the exam! :D

Funniest environmental law moment.

Teacher: "Blah blah blah... Sure we could have an ecological dictatorship. But who wants to live in such a society?!"
Class: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ...
Teacher: "Yeah... You, maybe."
Bloke: "Miss! Miss! Er, actually, several prominent scientists said -"
Teacher: "No, boy! No matter how good your intentions are, power always takes over!"
Yozemind: *flashback to LOTR*

-----------------------------------------

Sacha's got an Oscar nomination! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! So, since I have once again found someone to root for on Oscar night, I will give you my great perfect list of all the nominees plus comments on my faves, which are usually picked for unprofessional and irrelevant reasons. :9

Best Actor
Leonardo DiCaprio, Blood Diamond
Ryan Gosling, Half Nelson
Peter O'Toole, Venus
Will Smith, The Pursuit of Happiness
Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland

I kind of only know about Will and Leo, and I mostly know Leo from Titanic where he grins too much. :p Hehe.

Best Supporting Actor
Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine
Jackie Earle Haley, Little Children
Djimon Hounsou, Blood Diamond
Eddie Murphy, Dreamgirls
Mark Wahlberg, The Departed

I have seen all of the above in 0-1 roles, but Djimon Hounsou was in my dahling Gladiator!

Best Actress
Penelope Cruz, Volver
Judi Dench, Notes on a Scandal
Helen Mirren, The Queen
Meryl Streep, The Devil Wears Prada
Kate Winslet, Little Children

Kate is probably my 2nd fave actress!

Best Supporting Actress
Adriana Barazza, Babel
Cate Blanchett, Notes on a Scandal
Abigal Breslin, Little Miss Sunshine
Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls
Rinko Kikuchi, Babel

Tough choice since Cate rocks, and Abigail may have more future Oscar chances (Has Cate won any?) but she was so cool in Signs, and Little Miss Sunshine sounds like a better movie than Notes on a scandal! Which... I know nothing about... but.

Best Picture
Babel
The Departed
Letters From Iwo Jima
Little Miss Sunshine
The Queen

With one Oscar for Little Miss Sunshine's Abigal Breslin it's only fair that The queen gets an Oscar too, because I'm equally eager to see those two movies.

Best Director
Alejando Inaritu, Babel
Martin Scorsese, The Departed
Clint Eastwood, Letters From Iwo Jima
Stephen Frears, The Queen
Paul Greengrass, United 93

I have seen only United 93, which I thought had great direction! Oh, and the villain soothed my eyes as usual! :B

Best Foreign Film
After the Wedding, Denmark
Days of Glory, Algeria
The Lives of Others, Germany
Pan's Labyrinth, Mexico
Water, Canada

I haven't seen any of the above. Well, Denmark is almost Sweden, and there is a Swede, Rolf Lassgård, in After the wedding! *desperate* (Sweden almost made it though, with a film called Farväl Falkenberg.)

Best Animated Film of the Year
Cars
Happy Feet
Monster House

I have seen neither, but the charming Elijah Wood is in Happy feet, eh? :)

Achievement in Art Direction
Dreamgirls
The Good Shepherd
Pan's Labyrinth
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest
The Prestige

Again I have seen none of these movies, but Johnny was artfully decorated in Pirates 1.

Achievement in Cinematography
The Black Dahlia
Children of Men
The Illusionist
Pan's Labyrinth
The Prestige

Children of men is the only one I've seeeeeeeeen... Yeah, visually nice. (But Clive Owen's voice is nice as hell. :) The human population decrease was the nicest thing, till...)

Achievement in Costume Design
Curse of the Golden Flowers
The Devil Wears Prada
Dreamgirls
Marie Antoinette
The Queen

Uh, well, that is the REAL costume movie, innit? Though I know not when Curse of the golden flowers is set.

Best Documentary
Deliver Us from Evil
An Inconvenient Truth
Iraq in Fragments
Jesus Camp
My Country, My Country

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! XD

Best Documentary Short
The Blood of Yingzhou District
Recycled Life
Rehearsing A Dream
Two Hands

I know all about them! NOT! But hey, recycling is the shit! :)

Achievement in Film Editing
Babel
Blood Diamond
Children of Men
The Departed
United 93

I have no expertise knowledge about editing, but how about United 93. I heard it was filmed in really long takes and it sounded hard to edit. :p They didn't have the hot villain in every shot, however. :/

Achievement in Makeup
Apocalypto
Click
Pan's Labyrinth

Hmm, two options. Pan's labyrinth sounds more intriguing. But then, I only know their titles. :B

Best Original Score
Babel
The Good German
Notes On A Scandal
Pan's Labyrinth
The Queen

God, I've seen neither. I'll go and check who made the scores. *back* I don't know any of them. So, The queen then since it's the one I most want to... see.

Best Original Song
"I Need to Wake Up" An Inconvenient Truth
"Listen" Dreamgirls
"Love You I Do" - Dreamgirls
"Our Town" Cars
"Patience" Dreamgirls

Indeed.

Best Animated Short
The Danish Poet
Lifted
The Little Matchgirl
Maestro
No Time For Nuts

Another mention of the almost Swedish country.

Best Live Action Short
Binta and the Great Idea
One Too Many
Helmer & Son
The Saviour
West Bank Story

Sounds like a bit of fun. *steals name of binta for name collection*

Achievement in Sound Editing
Apocalypto
Blood Diamond
Flags of Our Fathers
Letters from Iwo Jima
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

Out of these, I would pick Pirates for a movie night...

Achievement in Sound Mixing
Apocalypto
Blood Diamond
Dreamgirls
Flags of Our Fathers
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

Again Pirates would be my pick, for a night of profound sound-mixing euphoria.

Best Visual Effects
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest
Poseidon
Superman Returns

Superman, for I saw a few stills from it and am still wondering whether the guy was CGI. :p Heehee, is that a compliment on the effects people?

Best Adapted Screenplay
Borat
Children of Men
The Departed
Little Children
Notes on a Scandal

ONLY ONE CATEGORY?! XC

Best Original Screenplay
Babel
Letters From Iwo Jima
Little Miss Sunshine
Pan's Labyrinth
The Queen

Sunshine sounded good... Hmm, it's probably the only TRAILER I've seen out of these, but.

--------------------------------------------------

Now... They're airing the Oscars on some new weird channel which I didn't think we could watch. At least I got an invitation from DA CINEMA CLUB to watch the Oscars in real time at the fancy cinema! 1 hour before takeoff it turned out that we WERE able to watch the channel. PHEW! :O I am now staying at home and happily deev-ing all the little sound mixing and animated short film categories, which evil Normal Channel surely will have emitted from their little summary next week. I SUPPOSE they will at least show The Sacha Category so I haven't been crying.

I'm off! Sacha's gonna WIN!!! :D

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pan's labyrinth is the shit!

27 February 2007 at 11:08  
Blogger The_Potions_Mistress said...

The Oscars have so passed me by this year, I'm completely clueless... But I've always felt the results depend too much on politics and stuff instead of the actual movies...

Btw, didn't I read somewhere (newspaper I think) that Sacha's girlfriend (or is it wife?) is pregnant? (See, those are the things I do notice these days... ;)

Thanks for the b-day prezzie... 25 never felt more like a fourth of a century ;)

2 April 2007 at 17:26  
Blogger Ratexla Kettleburn aka Yoze said...

aaaaaaaaaaa! why dont they show dates on these comments thingies... well :) you're prolly right about the oscars :/ and definitely about sacha's.... gf? :D

omg. 0.25 centuries. we're almost like......trees......

14 July 2007 at 22:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog CounterBosch