0 oppression-containing universes and 1 ocean of meme soup, plzthnx.

Ah, there you are. About time. Now, your job is to leave comments (but if you know me I shan't brutally force you, that's just AWKWARD), to report broken links, to keep the matches hidden and to swab.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Gawdäämn rubbertreehugger

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Blow up the planet, quick!!!

More old news...

Our wonderful exam results came back... after 3 weeks, which would be normal, but I was still chewing my own arm and becoming phobic of all things geology: "AAAAAAAAAA, ROCK!!! CLOUD!!! CLOUD!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!"
Cuz:

  • Everyone wanted to kick somebody's arse after said exam, which had consisted of 9 unfairly picky little questions from 539645 teachers (OK...) after a 10-week course and promises of exam questions about The Big Picture
  • Down at another institution the tradition is to actually hurry up with the exam marking which has made me a spoiled brat
  • All my other courses have been ~5 weeks... This one was 10. Double waste of time, it might have been
  • They didn't tell us exactly which pages to read. Book had 700 of them. "Oh, just all of them. Pretty much." In the last coupla weeks we were given a list. Could have skipped a fair few pages after all and played in the sun. Though half the time when teachers say one should read the whole book, it means "at some point in your life"
  • Number of pages per course day: Normal. UNLESS one considers that we spent almost half the course doing a project, field trip, etc. Unfair number of pages, in the end
  • Kindly enough, they had lowered the original magic limit by 2%. Awww. ONE OF WHICH SAVED MY SORRY ARSE!!!
Now bow down to me because I saved you from this geo-course which you had all planned on taking anyway, right!

I PASSED THE EXAM!!!
*lands, panting, with a thud on the asphalt*
(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! ASPHALT!!!)
6 people failed, 16 OK, 3 ruddy brilliant sorta. I was the second worst of the unfailed bunch.
PHEW ANYWAY!!! OMFG!!!
Not my worst uni result ever, but I've never been so close to FAILURE!!! 59%!
*sweats and stares into canyon*
(CANYON!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!)
I did score about 80% when I tried the book's much larger online self-test though, so WTF!?

Well. LUCKY BAHSTAH'D ME!!!

The worst result, I suppose, was from one Potions exam.
Hmpf. Potions schmotions.
(NOT REALLY, IN MY CASE!!! BOOOOHOOO!!!)
Rock schmock.
Geo-teacher: "And over there in the corner of the picture is some... ah, some of that green bio schmio stuff. Let's move on."

--------------------------

On the 0th day of summer, I visited the city's most beloved record shop where REM were slated to sign things at 5pm. I only like one of their songs, Reno-something, which reminds me of a time when I was through-the-roof anxious about something. Anyway, I thought a snapshot of Michael Stipe would be fun to have in the celeb collection since I had been tortured with, erm, I mean hearing REM songs on the radio and MTV for 8 years.

I lurked around. The shop was mysteriously quiet. I foraged for every CD I could think of while glancing into all the dark corners, then I gave up, bought some moderately complete Lord of the Rings soundtrack and spotted the REM ad. They signed at 3pm, not 5pm.

STUPID BAHSTAH'D ME!!!

LUCKY BAHSTAH'D ME, THAT I DO NOT LOVE THEM!!!

---------------------------------------

I wished a damn happy 43rd b-day to Nicholas Lea on JUNE 22!!! :D

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The_Potions_Mistress said...

Congrats on your results!! And don't worry: a pass is a pass, doesn't matter with how much you do it...unless you're about to graduate and want a nice score on your diploma...?

And OMFG I can soooo imagine you lurking around waiting for REM...hihi...it would be something typically me, now that I think of it... I'm always late or too early... tsk tsk... =)

5 July 2005 at 18:10  
Blogger Ratexla Kettleburn aka Yoze said...

Sniff sniff, thank you...

*in snobby accent* Well, I'm not planning to try and graduate in THAAAAAT subject, anyway... X'B

5 July 2005 at 20:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog CounterBosch