0 oppression-containing universes and 1 ocean of meme soup, plzthnx.

Ah, there you are. About time. Now, your job is to leave comments (but if you know me I shan't brutally force you, that's just AWKWARD), to report broken links, to keep the matches hidden and to swab.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Gawdäämn rubbertreehugger

Friday, November 25, 2005

School... Goblet of Fire...! Robbie!

The new course is scary… They all are, but this one seems like MATH HELL!!! :O It’s all theory and models and formulas and moose harvest and that horrible EXCEL... (Granted, they threw in some heavy philosophy too. :B ) Which is... useful... if one is smart... :O

The teachers are two math geniuses who thinks everyone else is a math genius too. How familiar... One of them looks like a cross between David Thewlis and the guy who plays Zaphod Beeblebrox, btw. He’s a hunter and seemed a little scared of our young angry naïve hippy class:
“Hi, yeah, I hunt... Er, not that much though... I just think it’s... *GULP*... nice...”

More fun quotes heard in my class lately:

“So I was sitting here with Excel and I told the teacher ‘I don’t understand a fricken thing!’ and he was like ‘Hohoho, I’m going for a coffee break, hoho.’”

It sounded funny at the time. :p

“Oh, it’s aight, ALL biologists are afraid of math!!”

But none the way *I* am... :S

“Being the first-ever batch of students in our programme meant that we could get in on lower grades, since few people would know about the programme and apply. So... we’re stupider than the younger Rangers.”
“I believe you are right. Being out in the woods, that’s what we’re good at.”
“And having coffee breaks.”

When they said this, I think they had still chopped off more of Excel’s 7 heads than I had.

However, a certain November 18 arrived. This FRIDAY’S Excel task was a pieca greasy cake with no sleepy lecture afterwards. Probably because it was HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE PREMIERE DAY!!! XD It hit me at one point, in the afternoon, giddy-kind of hit me. :D I grabbed the tix and dragged my mum kicking and screaming into the town’s pwettiest cinema. They’ve got like 700 seats and a TINY entrance hall. I think those 700 Potheads were in it anyway.

But it was a nice premiere. :B The best Potter film yet! I can’t say I’ve been enthusiastic about any of the others. But now... heeeey... (Although Prisoner improved when I hadn’t read the book for a while... And I read Goblet in the summer. Stone and Chamber... Uh, at least Snape is in them.) The funniest. (I’m a sucker for comedy.) The most British director. (Um.) The most Sexiest-Alan-Sex-Scene-Ever-Directing director, too. *covers brain in black blanket* So maybe I was feeling extra kind to Newell already. :p

The most out-of-character Snape so far. :B But who minds? Er, fans and artists? Whatever. *runs*

The most squished hope of a Snape + McG tango scene. Possibly the smallest number of Snape lines ever.

But when The Voice was quiet, the man kept SHINING. Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh. Every time he was on screen, they secretly sprayed those spam-marketed pheromones into the cinema, I tell you! +D~

And he was down there with MANY of the minor characters, I thought, as far as lack of screentime goes... :/

I STILL NEED THE DVD, NOW!!! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!!! (AND IT HAAAAAAAS TO INCLUDE THE SNAPE TANGO SCENE, YOU HEAR?!?)
And I need a GoF in 15 minutes... I hope y’all read PoA in 15 minutes. *love*

Oh well, fave moments that I can recall, in some kinda chronological order:

*** GOBLET OF FIRE SPOILER WARNING ***

  • Pwetty Barty Crouch Jr. Hey, was that the shadow David I spotted in Leicester Square? (:B
  • Ron waking up to find, AAAAAAAARGH, HERMIONE all over him.
  • Lucius scene #1! :D
  • The twins and the gang partying after the World Cup. Something beautiful about it all. :p
  • Filch’s run. WHY?!?
  • Snape: “...”
    Karkaroff: “...”
  • Dumbledore: “OMG entering the tournament will kill you ded!”
    The twins: “WICKED...!”
  • SNAPE spotting the Goblet spitting out Harry’s name.
  • Snape: *stands around*
    Mum: *nudge*
    Yoze: “SQUEAK!”
  • Sad Ron. Awww.
  • Cho: *sits around*
    Harry: *totally loses control & sprays his juice all over the great hall*
  • Snape on the ground, covered in splinters after the dragon flies over him. Poor baby!
  • Owls.
  • Harry: *lies depressed on sofa, egg on his chest, cho on his mind*
    Crowd: “Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...”
  • Snape whacking Harry and Ron repeatedly, taking great care to set their heads straight, rolling up his sleeves... XD *gasps at sight of suddenly revealed snape hands* Go Snape! It’s SO very disturbing when people gossip loudly all over study rooms! :p
  • Snape thoroughly hiding behind a book while Twin asks out Angelina. By throwing objects at her.
  • Snape looking really strict and tense (wow, news) when Hermione hands him her book. “Dammit, I can’t bite her head off!”
  • McG: “Nowyouknow!”
  • Hermione trying to send Harry and Ron to bed.
  • Hermione freaking out at Ron after the ball.
  • Depressed ball princess Hermione hugging her sore foot on the steps.
  • Neville staying out all night... DANCING... Yup... ;B
  • Hermione describing the physical Krum. *snort*
  • Cedric almost asking Harry for a prefect’s bathroom date. XD
  • Harry: *strips*
    Crowd: “WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” (Not me, you pervs! I was smart enough to stuff a handkerchief into my mouth!)
  • The blatant Moaning Myrtle vs The Foam.
  • Neville: “OMG! I killed Harry Potter!”
    Dumbledore: “You bahstahd!”
  • Snape’s cosy store room.
    *locks door*
    Ladder: *creak*
    *sound of glass breaking from inside store room as snape and ratexla practise the tango and let me tell you, ratexla will never learn*
    *screams of pain from toe-stepping*
  • Snape climbing the ladder, quickly, smoothly, like some small animal... *scutter scutter*
  • Filch firing his cannon way too early about three times! :O What if it had been Snape? Someone would have needed to... tutor him in the art of... self-control...
  • Cool Ralph Fiennes. Scene #1! :D Oh, Face Scene #1, then.
  • Lucius scene #2! :D
  • Snape pouring a whole bucket of Veritaserum into Barty Jr. :B

While I personally didn’t care much about the World Cup or ferret scenes, I’m happy they kept them in, even though critics whined that they were UNNECESSARY: “Those scenes were only there to please the fans! BOOHOO!” Tough shite. I can think of a few more “unnecessary” SPICY UPCOMING SCENES. May the script writers never listen to those boring, Pothead-hatin critics.

*** END OF GOBLET OF FIRE SPOILER WARNING ***

I recently found out that Steve Kloves loves Alan very much. :D I guess it isn’t Kloves’s fault if they cut out loads of goodies either... He won’t write The Order of the Phoenix, but The Half-Blood Prince! And then Snape WILL be IMPORTANT, DAMMIT (even in the eyes of Potheadophobic critics)! Right?! Love + importance = hope for... er... 1 more second of Snape.

AND they want to film Order and Prince back-to-back. Can we hope for a... summer 2008 release of Prince?
Oh god... That is frighteningly distant... (I’ll be fresh out of uni, most likely hunting a DVD shop job! One of my “dream shite jobs”.)

Apparently the Order writer wrote the Peter Pan film, and someone said that a lot from that book was kept in. Mmmm, please feed us Order Snape... *opens little red beak*

Hey. Kloves says Alan is the only one who can act out ellipses? *learns word* I overuse ellipses! THIS IS A SIGN. Or not. :p

----------------------------------

In other newz, Robbie Williams is finally finally coming to MY town! I would have travelled to Stockholm to see him, did that in 2003, when I had become tired of waiting for a Gothenburg concert... But this is nice. (Mostly because I don’t get Stockholm’s tube system.) They sold 52 000 x 2 tix in 25 h! :D My Robbie-loving mum and I are going... I have to get to the front row. *dreams nightmares of 2nd row* Last time I was in 5th row or so... :B

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaay! Rob in July! We've got ticket's too, but for the extra show on the 2nd, I am going to assume you were one of the quick ones who got tix for the original dates. Even so, keep an eye out once again for the energetic irishwoman with brown thistle-hair and her Hagrid-sized boyfriend! Mel x

25 November 2005 at 17:57  
Blogger Ratexla Kettleburn aka Yoze said...

Yes, July 1! :B Actually I had to be at school that morning so I sent my mum to the tix shop and made 10 phone calls... I'll look out tho! :)

27 November 2005 at 00:03  
Blogger The_Potions_Mistress said...

Hi!!

Over here all the tickets were sold out within three hours. (Not that I was planning to go, just FYI)

Seen GoF twice now (boyfriend won't see it more than that...but...we'll...see...)

Waaaaaaaay to little Snape time! BOOHOO! Yet always stole the ones he was in...Go Alan!

Favourite had to be storage room *gasp* climbing and study time *gasp* hands!

Pity nightshirt wasn't in it but we all knew that would ruin the character of Harry Potter, because which woman wouldn't fall head over heels when seeing Snape + nightie? *faints*

And Moody was pretty good, I thought.

Am still wondering why I can't like Hermoine though... Each movie it's the same story: the first syllables leave her mouth and I'm all annoyed.

Anyway.... keep blogging! (I better say this to myself more)

Ciao xxx

12 December 2005 at 15:24  
Blogger Ratexla Kettleburn aka Yoze said...

heh! I can see why you feel that way about hermy, somehow :B *boils blogs*

oh, guess what, i've FINALLY started reading barry trotter.... XD gonna finish it today. last book i read took me 3 months ;p

22 December 2005 at 13:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog CounterBosch